Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Looking back but Stepping Forward

January 1, 2008

So my New Year’s Eve was much better than anticipated! For after hours sitting we only had 2 sign up and the other girl (well..she’s 32,so not a girl) said she’d do it because she had no interest in celebrating. So I gladly got my formal dress on and dressed up and headed out! In our Van Gough Lounge we had a huge countdown with champagne toast for the New Year. Our band was playing on the stage and people were dancing everywhere. Lots of the crew piled into the lounge too for the countdown so we celebrated together. My New Years Eve kiss was Whitney because both of our boys are elsewhere L But we had no problem enjoying ourselves.

After the countdown we headed up to the Crow’s Nest (the ship nightclub) which was abosolutely packed – but all of the cruise staff (4 of them) a few of the officers and myself were on the dance floor for about 2 hours straight. You can see the pictures start out great – we all look fresh and good and they end with our hair up and we’re sweating like crazy!!! But it’s one of the best New Year’s I’ve ever had! Finally!!!!

I must say that looking back, this is the first year I’ve ever fulfilled a New Year’s Resolution…to lose 20 pounds and be happy! I doubled it!! Woohoo! I definitely want to lose another 15-20, but for now, I’m content with keeping it off and maintaining what I’ve done already! I think my resolution for this year is just to keep up what I’ve accomplished in the last year – getting rid of the negative crap and just relying on myself for happiness! Really…at this point in my life, looking at it all – what more could a 23 year old ask for???

I hope everyone at home has a wonderful New Year’s – you guys should be celebrating in the next few hours! Enjoy it!

Happy 2008 friends!

No comments: