Monday, August 25, 2008

Back at it!

August 22, 2008


Tomorrow morning, I will have been back on board a week. What a week it has been so far – great but extremely busy. I’ve only had 3 days to go to the gym and other than that, I’ve been working so much I can’t even see straight! The first couple days I was back it was primarily getting all of my stuff done: dropping off medical files, picking up a lifejacket and the usual safety meetings. We are so short staffed, that the tasks seemed impossible to fit into the schedule between working etc.

My second night back, we had the Indonesian Independence day party and had a blast! There were 2 bands that played and we just hung out for a few hours. The next night, we had a birthday party for Sherwin and one of the other guys and had TONS of food. There are lots of pictures on the website, so you can see what a good time we had – food, kareoke and alcohol…that’s how you make crew happy!

Sherwin won a raffle where he got to go on two tours. He went ziplining last week and requested to the ShoreEx manager that he waited until I got back so I could go with him to the Misty Fjords by Floatplane. Last minute, the manager said there wasn’t enough space, so I walked him off the ship and I was going to walk around for a bit until he came back. When we reached the end of the gangway, two people cancelled so I got to go! Last year, I did the Misty Fjords by boat and this by far exceeded everything that the boat tour was. We flew about 15 minutes to reach the monument and It was an incredible view. They had us in headphones and music playing and it gave you chills because it was so beautiful! We actually landed in one of the lakes in the fjords (named after our Pilot’s grandfather who explored it many many years before) and got to get out of the plane and stand on the pontoon of the plane. It was incredible – it was right near a waterfall and you got to just take in the sight and the fresh air all around us. I must admit, standing on a very narrow pontoon made me a bit nervous - but SO worth it!
Other than that, just been working a ton and doing what I can! Hope everyone is well and I’ll catch up with you all soon!

No comments: