Friday, September 26, 2008

FINALLY SUNSHINE!

Hello out there!
We are on Sea Day 1 (out of 4 in a row!) and on our way to Hawaii. On this entire cruise there are 17 sea days, which is crazy. It’s a bit rough today, so these old folks are looking drunk and walking all over the place. Things are going good so far – there’s only one 11 year old boy on board, and he’s hanging out with his parents so it’s a great break from kids for me! I’m ready to get out of the kids program anyways, so it’s nice not to have to worry about them for awhile!
Anyways, We left Vancouver a little over a week ago and did a 5 day repositioning while stopping in Victoria (been there before, so I worked all day and gave someone else time off), San Francisco (I HAVE to go back there, I loved it – would really like to do Alcatraz and other cool sites around there) and San Diego yesterday. We ran to the mall in San Diego and on our way back there was a homeless guy chowing down on some French friends in a container. He says to us “Do you all have any spare change?” I replied with “No, I’m sorry, no change” and he says “Sorry doesn’t cut it lady.” So I turned around a bit in shock and said “Well then pay your own damn bills!” How rude! Thought it was a funny story though.
On our way down to San Diego we had a beautiful sea day – the sun was so bright I HATED that I had to work inside. Uh well, Hawaii and Bora Bora are only a few days away, right?
I think that’s all for now, just want to try and keep everyone posted about what is going on with me! Not sure how often we’ll get wireless or anything like that, but whenever I can I’ll post pictures, etc!
Hope all is well with everyone!

No comments: