Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Would you like a Corny Bar?

Nynashamn, Sweden (The Gateway into Stockholm)  - Jo and I had talked about going into Nynashamn that morning but didn't have any idea what we would do. I had asked around to other crew about the port and nobody had much feedback so were ventured in blindly. The ship actually has to tender this particular port because there is no true dock, only a small floating pontoon that can easily accommodate the ships tenders. It happened to be another one of those amazing European summer days where the sun was shining, the flowers were in bloom everywhere and the sky was perfectly clear. As soon as we got off the tender, we found some new friends...Nynashamn (Stockholm), Sweden - ridin' a duck :)

The walk into the center of town was close to 20 minutes but because the weather was so nice and the town was so clean and pretty – it felt like no time at all!   Everyone had huge pots of brightly colored flowers on their patios...made me crave for my own place even more!

Nynashamn (Stockholm), Sweden

Nynashamn was very quiet...I think most of our guests took the train into Stockholm (30 minute train ride), so it left lots of places for us to roam without crowds to get in the way. We ended up walking into lots of clothing stores as well as home type shops. Jo,like me, really wants a place of her own. When the two of s walk into a store like that, we sound like two women ogling over newborn babies when in all actuality we're admiring sheets and towels. After an hour or so of whirlwind shopping, we were both hungry (I know your probably not surprised that I was hungry because when am I not?) and found a small cafe with sandwiches and salads. I went with a baguette with a shrimp salad of sorts and I think Jo ted for a chicken sandwich. Mine was alright...nothing to write home (or blog) about. After lunch, there really wasn't much left to do there. I noticed that there was a grocery store next to the restaurant and those are one of my favorite places to go in any foreign country. Not sure of I like them because they make us feel like "normal" people or just because I love to see the foods and items that they sell. For example, check out this "Corny bar Big"...

Nynashamn (Stockholm), Sweden - I found a BIG Corny Bar

Thirty minutes later, Jo and I made our final purchases as well as an ice cream bar (they had the Magnum Ice Cream bars which are amazing...I saw they are starting to pop up I the states as well) for the walk "home". Jo wanted to see if she looked like the advertisement we saw for the ice cream....Nynashamn (Stockholm), Sweden - "Do I look like the advertisment?"

Close, Jo...you almost look like the girl on the poster! An ice cream bar and long walk later we arrived back at the tender pier and waited for our chariot to take us back to the ship....and back to work :(  We just followed the sign to the “Utfart”!

Nynashamn (Stockholm), Sweden - Utfart

No comments: