Monday, September 19, 2011

Overnight in Quebec!

For crew, we LOVE overnights.  If you don’t know what I’m referring to, I mean when the ship is docked for more than just the day in a city.  Well in Quebec, we actually overnighted for TWO nights in a row which is rare but greatly appreciated :)  I didn’t really want to spend money because Quebec is quite expensive, so two friends and I decided to go grab dinner and then come back and get free Wi-Fi in the terminal (the crew are always looking for Wi-Fi!)

Myself, Jeremy & Stephanie (Youth Staff) went out and walked to the Funicular which is basically the elevator up the mountain/hill to take you into the big part of the city of Quebec.  We paid our 2 Loonies and went up to the top.  The three of us were hungry (typical) and found a restaurant very quickly - my only request was that we eat outside because the weather was so incredible!  Immediately, we ordered our drinks and I was extremely thirsty so I asked for water.  The waitress brought us these little wine/water glasses and filled mine up and it was gone in a matter of seconds.  She came back and refilled and again, I gulped it down.  This happened two more times before she went and got the largest beer glass and put it in front of me and filled it to the top.  I was THRHILLED :)

Once my body was fully hydrated, I was ready to order.  The one thing that I had been craving since I pretty much arrived on the Eurodam (in April) was Spaghetti and meatballs and sure enough, they had it on the menu.  I ordered Chipotle chicken wings for an appetizer and spaghetti and meatballs for the entrée.  Spaghetti left a lot to be desired, but the chicken was delicious!

Quebec, Quebec - Chicken wings w/ Chipotle Peppers  Quebec, Quebec - All I wanted was some spaghetti and I was let down :(

Jeremy and Steph ordered this Thai Chicken bowl, which looked amazing.  Jeremy’s was so good, he literally had his finger wiping the bowl.  The waitress pried the bowl out of his hands!

Quebec, Quebec - Jeremy enjoying his Thai Chicken

After dinner, we headed back to the ship on a very long walk (the Funicular closes at 9PM) down and back to the ship.  Here’s a shot of my home at night.

Quebec, Quebec - My home :)

When we got back to the ship, I put on some comfortable clothes and headed to the terminal with the rest of the crew to get some free wi-fi!

Quote of the Day:  “Remember, the joy of life IS the roller coaster.  Strap in, fling your arms up in the air and enjoy the ride.  Might get a little dizzy, but what a rush!”

No comments: