Friday, August 23, 2013

Mykonos, Greece: Scooters and Super Paradise Beach

Today, we wanted to have fun and relax while spending time with some of our friends. Kieran and Mr. Matty (a close friend of ours who works with Kieran) rented scooters and myself and Jenna rode on the back. It’s something the guys have done quite a few times, so we knew we were in good hands. They drove us for about 30 minutes or so to the other side of the island (over lots of steep hills!) to the “Super Paradise Resort.” Basically, it’s a very expensive gay bar/club to go to the beach where you spend a fortune for your drinks and chairs to lay in. But, I must admit we had a great time just relaxing and lying on the beach. The water was way too cold for my taste – but I was perfectly fine with lying in the sun with a cocktail in my hand.


Going back to the ship, there is a massive hill that we were quite concerned we wouldn't be able to do. I expected to have to jump off the scooter so that Kieran could get up the hill and I’d meet him at the top! Luckily, the little scooter came through and with the engine screaming, we made it up in one go!


It was a beautiful day and I absolutely loved riding on the scooter with Kieran through the island and seeing more than the tourist traps right in front of the ship. You get to see the best these countries and cities have to offer when you get out of the immediate port area that have nothing but souvenir shops and over-priced cafes.


The boys:  Adrian, Mr. Matty & Kieran



No comments: