Monday, July 30, 2007

:)

So, I’m a bit over the one week mark for being in Alaska and I’m beginning to get more and more comfortable with myself, my job and the ship. I’ve been in charge of the kids (3-7) this week and I’ve only had two consistently show up from program to program. They’re pretty cool though, so it hasn’t been bad – just makes it difficult when it comes to playing games etc.

We had the Coast Guard come on board two days ago to do our annual drill etc and we had it really easy – we ended up having to do nothing in all actuality. I was a bit nervous that they’d ask me one of the questions I didn’t know – but all was well!

We did the man overboard drill the day before that and it was fantastic! Our three cadets on board put on the outfit to prevent hypothermia and went down on the life boats and were thrown overboard. It ended up being more fun for us watching, because the guys were hilarious just flailing around in the freezing cold water!

I’m quite excited though, I found out we have a dry dock in Victoria for two weeks in September. They’re probably going to expect us to do some basic cleaning of Club Hal and other things of that nature, but nothing too exhausting. Lori and I have been making plans of things to do such as High Tea at the Empress Hotel in Victoria where you get to dress up. I also heard about a wine and chocolate excursion there, so I’m going to look into that. The entire crew is thrilled with it because we get to sail with no passengers on board and enjoy the ride!

If anyone is interested, My mailing address is:
MS Ryndam – Sydney Ellis, 64042, Youth Staff
Cruise Line Agencies – Juneau
1330 Eastaugh Way #4
Juneau, AK 99802


Yesterday was Glacier Bay and it is beautiful, as it was last year. We actually get up even closer than we did on CruiseWest and there was a large calving while we were there.

Today was College Fjords – weather is absolutely incredible today, I didn’t want to bring the kids inside. It was cool and sunny with crystal clear blue waters! Couldn’t ask for anything more, personally!

I think that’s it for now, but I will be updating consistently – make sure to add to your favorites if you’re interested!

God Bless!

No comments: