Thursday, April 28, 2011

Would the pounding in my head please subside?

(PS – this is two days old…it wouldn’t let me post it for the last two days!)

I have a terrible headache and have had it all day! Not sure why…I think it’s the lack of water, but I’ll survive. Didn’t post yesterday – so I’ll do it for both days now!

Yesterday, we had a long day in Cadiz, Spain. What a beautiful port! Been there before and it is just a fantastic city for walking, internet, people watching, food and fresh air. Steve (my friend, the DJ) and I wanted some internet, so we went ashore and walked around until we found the massive Cathedral in the middle of the city. All of the crew know this Cathedral because it has free wifi! There was a café there with tables outside and I love to be outside, especially when the weather is fantastic like it was yesterday. We sat on our computers and ordered a “Baguette”. There were several options of “Baguettes” – I picked the Ham and cheese but they apparently didn’t have the ingredients for that so they gave me 3 options and the only one that sounded decent turned out to be a large frankfurter on a French baguette with cheese and bacon. Surprisingly, it was delicious but quite funny to see a sandwich like that. After 2 or so hours, I had to head back to work so we grabbed some ice cream and began the walk back. You know you’ve been on ships a long time when you appreciate free wifi and fresh air. A great day!
When we returned, I had a couple more activities to complete for the day and then had the night off. A group of six of us went to the Pinnacle Grill (one of our specialty restaurant) and had an ok dinner there (definitely not the best one I’ve eaten) and then I sat in the office for a couple of hours to get some work done and get ahead. I think I’m pretty much there, which is exciting to me.

We ported in Malaga, Spain today – was here as well a few months ago on the Prinsendam but didn’t get off this time. I traded IPM’s with the Lifestylist, Katie and she took mine yesterday. IPM is In port manning where one of us is required to stay on board in case of an emergency. Did my morning activity, we had a full crew General Emergency Drill (with those OH-SO-SEXY bright yellow lifejackets) and then there was a plaque ceremony on board. A plaque ceremony is when it is a ships first time in a port (like today – the Eurodam had never docked here before) and a few representatives from the city come on and they give us a plaque, we give them a plaque and that’s it. Only 2 reps showed up today and I took them on a tour of the ship after the small “ceremony” that we held. When that was over – worked for a few hours and then took a quick nap because of this headache. Woke up in time to jump in the shower and get ready for formal night.
Obviously, a couple boring days but I’m really adamant on making the effort to write in here at least every other day.

Highs (yesterday & today): Talking to Ben on the phone, compliments from guests, fresh air
Lows: This dam headache!
Peace, Love, Ships :)

No comments: