Wednesday, May 11, 2011

!Chocolate Caliente!

Embarkation day which means a BUSY day onboard, but Travel Guide Ian was determined to take us for the real deal hot chocolate in Barcelona, Spain.  Myself, Ian, Glenn (Onboard Marketing Manager), Lifestylist Katie, Drummer Grahame and Youth Staff Teleya took the shuttle into Barcelona and followed Ian to what he described as “the best hot chocolate and churros in Barcelona.”  A long walk and several uncomfortable alleyways later, we arrived at a very small cafĂ© (I’ll have to find the name later) and sat down at a tiny table (it seems everything is tiny in Europe) and in less than 5 minutes, we had 6 cups of (literally) melted chocolate and 5 plates stacked high with freshly made churros.  This stuff was SO thick it could only be described as a semi-sweet block of chocolate mixed melted into a cup. 

DSCN0031

On its own, the chocolate was not something I could enjoy BUT do not fear – if you dip a nice warm churro IN the chocolate – you have a marriage made in heaven!  As with everything I’ve stuffed my face with the last few weeks, this is another low calorie option and I’m almost positive that this is in the South Beach Diet book that helped me out 4 years ago.  How have I not gained back ALL of that weight?  However, I’m not complaining :)

We all ate a couple of churros and enjoyed every bite, but we all had about half a mug full of chocolate left because there’s no way someone can finish it…except for Grahame.  As he licked his spoon across the table, we all looked at him in shock.  It was so funny, because he looked up and all he could say “I’ve never let any chocolate win before and I wasn’t going to let it happen today.” 

Unfortunately, being a busy day on the ship, we all had to head back to work but a fun experience to share with y’all!

DSCN0032DSCN0033DSCN0034

No comments: