Sunday, October 30, 2011

Absolutely Delicious!!!

I mentioned in previous posts about Edwin (my big brother).  Well, his Mom invited me and another friend of Edwin’s over for lunch the other day.  I had met Edwin’s mom at a bar she owns a few nights before and she had asked me what I like and I explained that I love love love Filipino food and I’ll eat whatever she puts in front of me.  Apparently, she was very concerned too cook for me and told Edwin she was going to make pasta because she was afraid I wouldn’t like anything…she was WRONG.  Everything she served was sarap (delicious)!

Now, I didn’t take pictures of everything she put on the table and I had to look up all the spellings of what she served is sinigang with shrimp, Kare-Kare which is a Filipino oxtail soup with vegetables and peanut butter, dinuguan (pork blood stew – I LOVE this and have for years), bagoong which they called “Filipino Caviar”, fish and of course rice.  I was SO full and beyond excited when Edwin packed me up a to-go bag so I had food for the next couple of days.  His Mom kept saying that I was lying about how delicious it was but I definitely was not – I was in Heaven!!

Here’s my to-go fish….I had this for dinner with a pile of rice and was one happy camper…squeeze the kalamansi (looks like a small lime and tastes like one too – but much better) on top and enjoy!

DSCN5773

And too any of my Filipino friends reading this – don’t laugh at my attempts to write this…..I did google all the names to make sure I had it right!)

If this is true, am I considered an athlete?

“Eating is really one of your indoor sports.  You play three times a day and it’s well worth while to make the game as pleasant as possible..” – Dorothy Draper

No comments: