Wednesday, August 22, 2007

YoHo!

August 17, 2007

All I can say right now is how lucky we’ve been! We have had the most incredible weather for the last two weeks! Nice, cool and breezy and not a drop of rain – which in Southeast Alaska is HIGHLY unusual! Even in Ketchikan today (which is known for at least 15 feet of rain a year) it didn’t rain a single drop! Kaitlin’s last day in a port in Alaska is today, so we went to the Lumberjack show which had two women and two men – it was fun to watch and I laughed the entire time. I have pictures to post of that and I’m going to attempt two videos that I took!

After that, we headed over to Dolly’s House (an old brothel house) on Creek Street (a former Red Light District) and took a tour of the house. She bought the house in 1919 for $800 and had it paid off in two weeks. The funny part is that Dolly charged $3.00 per trick…you do the math. They said she wouldn’t leave work for the day until she’s made at least $75.00-$100.00. You’ll have to look at the pictures, but it was great – a very old vibrator and some French condoms that Dolly knew wouldn’t work, so she made them into flowers. Dolly wasn’t even a pretty women and about 250 pounds! Cool story though!

We then went from Dolly’s house over to the Cape Fox hotel and took the tram to the top and had a great dinner (well…as great as a large salad can get J) and headed home! It’s nice to get fresh air, I must admit.

I must get going, tonight is Pirate night in Club Hal and I have to set up the supplies for a scavenger hunt. After Club Hal, we are heading over to the Crow’s Nest for Country night!!

Hope all is well with everyone and I hope to hear from you all soon!

No comments: