Friday, October 24, 2008

San Diego, Baby!

October 24, 2008

Just wanted to post a short update as to what is going on in my world! We are at the end of the cruise (literally, it is 11:15 p.m. here) and we will be in San Diego to drop these passengers off in 7 hours! Honestly, the passengers weren’t that bad. I really had a great time with lots of them at all of the activities I hosted and I had several approach me to say that I was, well, amazing ;) hehe…no, just that they had a great time and I shouldn’t be with the kids anymore – and I agree :) We’re working on that!

Six sea days is exhausting, I must admit. For the first time today, we could see a faint outline of mountains which was encouraging and exciting. Last night, I was invited to dinner with a group of 10 of our passengers that always attended my events. It was lots of fun and I got to eat in the dining room and actually enjoy a good meal! (And something different from the SOS).

Tomorrow I have to stay on board (IPM) and we have one event staff disembarking and a brand new one embarking! It’s going to be a crazy day, especially since she’s new. I have one 4 year old girl this cruise and it is actually the Captain’s granddaughter, so I’m not sure if they’re going to use me or not. I wouldn’t mind a little bit, just hopefully not all the time with one little one- that’s more exhausting that 150 kids.

I think that pretty much sums it up for now – Sherwin’s promotion officially kicks in tomorrow. I think he’s more excited then he’s letting on, but you know how that goes. I think when he sees the first paycheck, it’ll hit him. We’ve had a couple parties this week because so many people are leaving – so we’re having fun and enjoying life!

I’ll post pictures when I can – we start out through Mexico and the Panama Canal. We had to have Yellow Fever shots today L But Woohoo for the itinerary! Whenever I get some time and free internet, I’ll be sure to post what I can. Fort Lauderdale in 14 days J

Funny Story from a Mom that’s traveled with Sherwin and I several times. She’s five years old and she sent me this email a couple days ago – she LOVES Sherwin J

“I have to tell you something Haley said out of the blue the other day. (I laughed so hard) She was sitting here playing and she asked me..."Mommy how old do I need to be to marry Sherwin?" I told her that she needs to be older than mommy is right now plus Sherwin would need to get permission from Sydney before she could do that. She just sat there for a little bit and then said...."When will he do that?" She still has her little crush I guess.”

No comments: