Sunday, September 9, 2007

Brrr..It's Cold in here!

Today we started one of our two remaining cruises left in Alaska. This week is the last week where we will be starting in Seward and heading down to Vancouver. It’s also our last stop in Haines. Next week we will be doing a round trip Vancouver to Vancouver stopping only in Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan. After that (September 22 through October 11th) we will be in Victoria for Dry dock, a quick four day repositioning cruise from Vancouver to San Diego, then on the 16th ( I believe) we start our 10 day runs to Mexico. I’m going to put the updated addresses at the bottom of this entry for all that want to send me fun snail mail, pictures, etc J

I can’t wait for sunshine (and a tan)! The weather here has been absolutely awful – the skies are so dark, it’s very foggy, cold, and rainy. We’ve also had really rough seas. The last three nights the swells have been between 8 and 12 feet.

Despite the bad weather, I still enjoyed this week.

Out of boredom, I went on the same excursion I did last year in Skagway – the White Pass Yukon Route Railway. It was nice to see the scenery again, but the weather was absolutely awful! You couldn’t see half of the things because of the clouds and dark skies! But I can’t complain!

Then several of us went hiking to and around Lower Dewey Lake. The lake was beautiful and it was really nice to get fresh air. It was hard because the rain made the ground and rocks very slippery! I was waiting for the moment that I fell flat on my ass, but it didn’t happen!

I hosted a table, which means on formal night I get to go into the formal dining room and sit at a table with about 10 guests. Because of the rough seas, only three were there with me. They were a great couple that had her father on with them. Since I sat with them, they get to drink free wine on the house (and so do I) J

That’s about it for now – pretty laid back week otherwise. I hope all is well with everyone!

Happy Birthday Robin!!

Addresses:

The Juneau address is good for another week.

I don’t have one for the two weeks I’m in Victoria.

October 11, 2007-December, 2007

Ms Ryndam - Sydney Ellis, Youth Staff, 64042
Paxton, Shreve & Hayes, Inc.
2191 Main Street
San Diego, CA 92113

No comments: