Thursday, September 27, 2007

Too relaxed!

September 27, 2007

It’s now Thursday and the fourth full day of dry dock. The ship is a mess and flooded with hundreds of contractors and pure chaos. I assume progress is happening but to me it looks as if everything looks worse. The outside of the ship has been sandblasted, engines etc are being fixed and carpet is being ripped up everywhere – like I said, pure chaos.

The last two days we haven’t worked at all – we meet at 10 a.m. and hang out until lunch at 11:30 and head out to town or to our daily adventure. One of my friends and I have been walking several miles every morning because we are sick of the grimy crew gym – the weather is cold and beautiful so it has been a great way to start every morning!

I went to a place called Miniature World yesterday which was probably a waste of time and money, but hey…these are my two weeks to play tacky tourist! Miniature World is basically little towns, fairy tales, wars and circus scenes replicated in extremely tiny form. I have pictures posted on my picture page.

We also went to the Craigdarroch Castle, which is the castle of an old coal miner. It was beautiful inside and there are also pictures of the castle posted online.

As you can see, life is pretty laid back at the moment and we are all having a great time – as soon as dry dock is over I have one four day cruise and 2-10 day cruises and I’m home!

I’ll post more as I come up with things to do!

No comments: