Monday, October 15, 2007

Sunshine is delicious!

October 14, 2007

First things first- 17 days until I go home! I’m really excited about going home and having a little bit of a normal life…at least for six weeks before I head out on my awesome contract! I do have quite a bit to do the first few days – I need to order several VISA’s for Australia, China (where we overnight on my birthday), and I believe some for Japan and South Korea. I’m still looking into those details, but I’m sure its going to cost a few bucks and a few minutes!

I haven’t written in a while because the ship world has been a bit hectic since we got out of dry dock. The last day of dry dock I had to move rooms from B Deck (Deck 3) where all of the “Other” crew live up to deck 9 aft. We moved into this old-pantry-turned-crew-room and it’s an interesting set up. I hate being so far away from other crew and from the washing machine (I lived next to it in my old room). Uh well, only a little while until I go home J

After we left Victoria we went and picked up the passengers for our four day repositioning cruise to San Diego. It was a fast cruise – just stopped in Victoria for a few hours (mind you it was Canadian Thanksgiving, so nothing was open) and had two sea days before getting to San Diego. The two sea days were the worst things ever…especially the first day. I’ve never been sea sick, but we had 21-25 foot seas, horrible weather and of course, the stabilizers that were just fixed in dry dock busted on the way! So we had nothing to even help with the rocking. Club Hal is up on Deck 12 Aft – so pretty high and we felt the rocking pretty bad. A girl named Sarah is on board for two weeks and I had to tell her I was going to lay down because I felt so sick. It was not pretty. The captain said that if the weather had stayed that bad the second day, we would have arrived two days late into San Diego – instead we were only 5 hours late into port. Made things a little hectic for embarkation/disembarkation…but it worked in the end!

In San Diego, we picked up our first ten day Mexico cruise. We are sitting in Puerta Vallarta right now and we are all itching to get off. Unfortunately, this morning we have a fire drill, General Emergency drill and then an Entertainment Department Meeting. You can bet your bottom dollar that the minute the meeting is over, we are on our way to the drug store to buy sunscreen etc, then over to Kristal Resort. It’s a resort that allows crew to utilize the pool and resort. I’m quite excited because it’s a really nice place apparently with several big pools, the swim up bars etc! I just want some fresh air and a tan before I go home!

The bartender in the Officer’s Bar (where we all hang out every night), who was telling my old roommate how much he loved me. I knew he had a bit of a crush, but nothing serious. Well, the other night he gave me a letter telling me how I’ve changed him and he’s been happy since I’ve been on board. I wrote him a letter back (how high school, eh?) saying that I was leaving soon and we could be friends, but that’s it. I haven’t figured out yet whether it’s the language barrier, but I believe he read the letter that I loved him too because he’s getting really protective and making it sound like we’re a couple! EEK!

This week is my last chance to spend a few hours in San Diego and a good friend of mine, Adrienne, from Cruise West is coming to meet me at the ship. She only lives about an hour away, but I’m going to give her a ship tour and hang out for a few hours. It’ll be nice to see her!

I believe the General Emergency Drill is going to happen any moment, so I’m going to go ahead and get out of here so I can get some sun!

Home is soon!

No comments: