Sunday, October 21, 2007

"Lover's Bitch" (That's Lover's Beach in Indonesian English)

October 19, 2007

This Mexico run is wonderful – 6 port days in a row where I don’t have to work until 8 p.m.

The hyped up Cabo San Lucas was today. It was beautiful – huge houses on the waterfront, Lovers Beach and the clear blue water. We don’t have much time in Port today especially because it is a tender port. Tender ports mean we anchor out in the water and lower the life boats and basically shuttle people into town. It takes forever for “open tender” to be called which means crew can go ashore. When it was finally called it was around noon and we had crew all aboard at 3. So, a few of us went ashore and sat at a bar and had margaritas and just hung out and enjoyed the sun. Next week I intend to take a water taxi over to Lovers Beach and just enjoy the sun – a few of us also want to do the “swim with the dolphins” – apparently they offer a pretty good deal to crew. We shall see!

Tomorrow is our last sea day and then it is officially my last cruise before I come home! Have I mentioned how excited I am about coming home? J I am definitely going to be sad to leave the Ryndam – I’ve never had so much fun and been so happy! There are so many awesome people I’ve met onboard and we always manage to laugh and have a good time together. The great part is that 3 friends from here are going to the Statendam with me, so it’ll be nice to have people I already know on board once I get to the outback J It’s funny – I’m so sad to leave here, so excited to go home for a bit and at the same time, anticipating my next contract and the places I’m going to see!

Ok – tonight is formal night and I’m going to get dressed and head upstairs to hang out with friends and passengers!

11 days…Mom – don’t forget the chicken parmesan ;)

No comments: