Monday, October 15, 2007

Viva la Mexico!

October 15, 2007

We just left Mazatlan and I’m loving Mexico so far! Yesterday we went to the Kristal Resort which was absolutely beautiful. The resort was villa-style and very authentic. There were about 6 or 7 pools linked together with bridges and volleyball nets and wet bars. We had a fantastic time – there were about 30 of us who ended up there. We got there around 11:45 and left around 6 going back and fourth between the beach and the pools. My skin is a little pink, but nothing too horrific. It was so relaxing to have drinks and eat and just chill in the pool with all of my friends! I can’t wait for next week.

Today in Mazatlan I went on an excursion call the Mazatlan shrimp feast. They took us to a private residence in the middle of ghetto-town Mexico. The guy told us not to get worried because the house was not like the city. I walked into the house and it was a beautiful picturesque home. Pool and lots of tables, umbrellas, buffet and botanical gardens where we could see all of Mazatlan over the patio. It was absolutely incredible. Nobody wanted to leave! They had an open bar of Pacifico, margaritas, and bottled water. I just drank a gallon of water because it was so hot! The food was just as fantastic as the scenery – beer battered shrimp, garlic shrimp, peel-and-eat shrimp, taquitos, rice, refried beans, salsa and guacamole. I ate mostly shrimp and guacamole…which was superb!

The bartender boy situation is getting interesting…will update on that later!

That’s all for now!

Home in 16 days…

No comments: