Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I'm feeling Moosey...

September 13, 2007

This week has been pretty quiet. Weather is a bit nicer, surprisingly! We had beautiful weather in Haines and I’m looking out the window right now at Juneau and it looks like another nice one. But it definitely is still cold!

On Monday they told us that they decided to send us all home for dry dock – so I got excited to be able to go home for two weeks! Then on Tuesday they decided that we had the option to stay or go. I decided to stay since I had already committed to 4 months on board and they told me I could no longer extend and stay for the 23 day Panama Canal Cruise. So, I will be home for Thanksgiving now. Unfortunately, I will be flying out of San Diego to go home the Tuesday before thanksgiving (Can anyone spell HELL!?!?) It’s going to be quite hectic, but I guess everything happens for a reason.

Yesterday in Haines I went to the Wildlife Park. There were tons of animals there such as moose, white fox, silver fox, black and red wolves, wolverine, caribou/reindeer, porcupine, a thing called a stoke (I think), and a Lemmon (I think), snow owl, goss hawk, Canadian Lynx and snow fox. Not too sure what they were all called and I didn’t have paper to write them down. There were two guys that ran this “park” of sorts – both of them make videos and movies for National Geographic and the Discovery Channel. The one guy, Steve, did a show with Katie Couric a while back. It was neat to see and touch some of these animals in person. I think there are lots of misperceptions on how they look, sound, feel and Oh my goodness how they SMELL!

I’m very excited though! Tomorrow I get to go on the tour I have been DYING to get on since I got here. It’s a Wilderness Crab feed and bake. We get to go out on a boat and “pull the pots” to see the different types of crab and then a huge crab bake afterwards. If you know me- you know that I LOVE crab (well, any type of seafood) so I’m extremely excited!

I think that’s all for now. I’ve updated all my pictures too!

Hope all is well with everyone!

No comments: