Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Gratitude Project: Day 16

Blankets…something we all underestimate, I think.  One day I was stuck in the Atlanta airport and had a 6 hour layover.  They offered a hotel, but since I didn’t have any luggage, I thought I could easily sleep in the airport because it was only 6 hours.  The airport was quiet, but I only had on jeans, a long sleeved shirt and flip flops.  Never in my life have I ever been so cold!  It was that cold where your feet feel numb and you can do nothing to get warm – you feel like your bones are chattering. The Delta attendant brought me blankets from the planes but nothing worked.  That night, I realize that if I was that cold with clothes and small blankets, I can only imagine how the homeless feel up north during winter.  When I make a home on land, one of my projects will definitely be to collect blankets for the homeless. 

Needless to say, I now always travel with socks and a sweatshirt in my carry on!

No comments: