Thursday, November 17, 2011

It’s a Hard Rock life!

My friend, Edsel, and I worked together on the Eurodam a little over 2 years ago.  Edsel was a bartender and he was part of our group that always hung out together during the wee hours of the morning.  Today, I was sitting in my condo and he happened to send me a message on Facebook to say hello and then I told him that I was here.  Turns out, he lived not to far from me and he asked if I wanted to hang out.  A few hours later, Edsel knocked on the door and we hung out for a bit reminiscing about the good ole’ Eurodam days and the people before we headed out for dinner.

Edsel said that he wanted to take me to Hard Rock Live in Makati City since I hadn’t been there yet.  After 40 minutes or so of watching Manila’s traffic at its best, we made it to Hard Rock and quickly ordered an adult beverage!  After a few drinks and a fabulous dinner, we waited to hear the live music for the evening.  They were called the “Mocha Girls.  Yes, they are EXACTLY what you would think of….but worse.  Individually, the girls had good voices – but as a whole….left a lot to be desired.  They were scantily clad in nothing more than skimpy skirts and lingerie!  They did covers of all the latest hits – which was fun to listen to and sing along and just laugh at how the men oooo’ed and ahhh’ed over them.  Granted, they were beautiful girls with amazing bodies…but I can’t believe they got away with some of the sexual gestures that they did on stage!  A fun night though – can’t complain!  It was great to see Edsel and catch up – especially since he surprised me and told me that he’s getting married next week!  Congrats, Edsel!

We asked the waitress to take a picture and apparently she wasn’t the most skilled of photographers because she didn’t zoom out.  Not the most flattering of photos, but hey!  It’s another memory documented!

Apparently - the girl didn't know how to zoom out.  I look AWFUL...but hey, it's a a memory.  My friend Edsel and I (he's getting married next week!) at Hard Rock in Makati.

Quote of the Day:  "It takes a long time to grow an old friend."
- by John Leonard

No comments: