Sunday, November 6, 2011

Old friends, New Memories

Most of you know that the last time I was here, I was with my (ex) boyfriend, Sherwin.  No hard feelings with him and I will always have a special place in my heart.  He taught me what it means to love.  But anyways – I spent a month here with him and had an incredible time.  The other day, I had my friend Edwin drive me over to their house so that I could spend some time with the family and I just love them.  His sister, Sheila, got married the last time I was here and now has a 5 month old baby, Matt.  Sherwin’s Mom (I call her Mama Pat) made a huge pot of Filipino Style Spaghetti, which I love (and she remembered) and home made lumpia.  We sat and chatted for a long time and just had a nice afternoon visiting.  It was a hot and rainy day, but I was so happy to see them again and so blessed that they still accept me in their home despite both of us have moved on.

Me, Baby Matt (Sheila’s Son), Gwen & Jhazmine (Sherwin’s girls)

DSCN5807

  Me & Gwen (with Edwin in the back)

DSCN5813

Sheila and Matt – we were trying to get him to smile, but he just wasn’t having it.  He smiled the whole afternoon though – sweet and happy boy!

DSCN5811

Jhazmine wasn’t in the best of moods.  She’s a bit of a spitfire!!  When I left the kitchen to get my camera in the other room, she told everyone (in Tagalog) that Tita Syd was speaking Chinese.  A few minutes later, she was listening to an English song on the phone and I told her that it was Chinese and she looked at me like I was crazy! 

DSCN5812

Baby Matt…I love babies :)

DSCN5808

I’m going back to see them on November 15th for Mama Pat’s sister’s birthday, Tita Belen.  I’ll get lots more pictures then!

No comments: