Thursday, November 3, 2011

Touch Up

My tattoo on my wrist has faded drastically since when I first got it in April of 2010.  I mentioned this to Edwin and his girlfriend Joyce and she said that she has a friend that does tattoos.  Skeptical, I asked for his “credentials” and she told me how he worked in Dubai and was actually contracted to do the tattoos for the US Navy, so I said if he had the time I’d love to meet him and see what he can do.

At 11PM one night, Edwin called and said he was on his way to pick me up because the guy was available and I said okay (even though I was ready to crawl in bed).  Edwin took me over to this guys (his name is Joey) apartment/shop and we sat and chatted and hung out for awhile before we discussed what I wanted to do about my tattoos. While we were all hanging out, Edwin started playing on my iPad, so he didn’t chat much!  The other photo is of me telling him what to do…

When I was waiting to get my tattoo done, this is what Edwin did to keep himself distracted...Unblock me (my personal favorite!)    Me & Joey while he's getting ready to do my tattoo

Now about the tattoo: number 1, I wanted my wrist tattoo touched up and number 2, I wanted a small anchor tattoo behind my ear.  This is a tattoo that I’ve thought about for a little over a year now but could never find what I wanted so I didn’t pursue it until this opportunity arose.  I took in a few tattoos that had things I liked but none of them were “just right” so I wanted to combine “this” and “that”.  In less than 5 minutes, Joey had come up with this…

image

Edwin and Joyce went back to Edwin’s House to say Goodnight to his sons and get some food and while they were gone, we got all set up and did the tattoos.  The one behind my ear took about 40 minutes and truly didn’t hurt at all.  Well, the only part that hurt was the assistant holding my ear to keep it out of the way, so my ear was a bit tender after the fact. The tattoo itself was no problem at all!  This photo isn’t the best – it was taken by myself as soon as I got home that night. 

Right after it was done...it's only about an inch and a half...

My reason for wanting an anchor is because ships have been a HUGE part of my life (so far) – I’ve been working for Holland for 4 1/2 years now (Can you believe it?) and it has truly opened my eyes and changed my world.  While searching for the “perfect” tattoo online, I came across this which just sealed the deal on the anchor tattoo.

22433732_TwcNnJQb_b

He touched up my wrist tattoo because my wrist just soaked up all the ink – it was black when I first got it with Gus a year and a half ago but has since faded tremendously.  The first time I got this tattoo – it only hurt a bit on the top of the “B” but the rest didn’t bother me.  This time it did hurt a bit more, but nothing terrible!  Here’s a before and after of the wrist…

Before the touch up  After touch up - huge difference...

When the tattoos were done, Edwin and Joyce hadn’t made it back yet so myself, Joey and his assistant sat and watched Jackass for a bit.  What a RIDICULOUS movie!  The guys were fun and I had a great time hanging out with them and was really happy with the final product!  My second and last tattoo, complete.